Concerned about all the data breach talk in the news lately? Wonder if the practices in your department may be putting you at risk? The Data Protection Seminar (02-10-2015) addressed some policies and practices that can help you avoid getting into a breach situation and what to do if one does occur.
The seminar covered a series of topics, including:
(1) an overview of campus response to breaches of personal information,
(2) protecting data, devices, and infrastructure, and
(3) balancing various privacy interests.
Please see live cyberthreat maps, presentations and videos below.
The seminar was organized by the Office of the Chief Privacy Officer, supported by the Office of Information Technology, and sponsored by Insurance and Risk Management.
- Campus response policy and protocol
- Protecting data
- Protecting devices and infrastructure
- Balancing privacy interests
1) If your shop assistant was an app (hidden camera)
3) Protect Yourself & the University from Spear Phishing